[aprssig] APRS messages being seen by "base" station

Bernard Tyers bernard.tyers at gmail.com
Wed Jul 25 13:41:34 EDT 2007

Hi all,

I have a Kenwood TH-D7a handheld (SSID-EI8FDB-10) and a base station
running Xastir V1.9.1 on Mac OS X (SSID EI8FDB).

If I send a ?VER message, or indeed any message, to another station
from EI8FDB-10, that station message response is delivered to EI8FDB,
not EI8FDB-10.

This happens almost 99% of the time.

The only reason I can think of is if EI8FDB-10's location/status is
not known during a "timeout period" and the message is sent to EI8FDB.

I might be on the wrong tack, but I'd appreciate any pointers.

thanks in advance,
bernard
EI8FDB