[aprssig] New OpenTracker+ features

Scott Miller scott at opentrac.org
Tue Jul 24 20:12:10 EDT 2007

Yeah, they both run through an ST202 transceiver.  If you're not using
port B, the lines are used for CTS/RTS handshaking.

And it is open source, but I haven't released all of the code yet, and
haven't decided on the license.  It'll probably be GPL'd, rather than
BSD like the OpenTracker.  Also, the CodeWarrior compiler requires a
license for code sizes over 16k.  That means you can compile the OT1+
firmware with the free version, but not the Tracker2 firmware.

What I may do is allocate some space for user code, and provide the rest
as a ROM library that can be linked against.  If I can figure out how to
do it properly, it should let you compile 16k of your own code without
having to recompile everything else.

Yeah, you should be able to do a bit regen, though I think that'd be
easier with a hardware modulator so the MCU isn't so busy generating the
tones.

Scott
N1VG