[aprssig] win98 port emulator

Robbie, wa9inf mwrobertson at comcast.net
Mon Jul 23 22:31:59 EDT 2007

Thanks Tom, but I had already explored the device properties and the
"Advance" option does not show a port to change in Port Settings, :-(
Just the option to change the buffers.

The operating system is Win98SE, and the GlobalSat GPS has a PS/2 style
plug that plugs into a USB adapter. The output from the PS/2 plug is
actually RS-232 and has the 5vdc wires as well.

So far I haven't found a way to change the port number assignment in
Win98, which means I am restricted to port 10 capable software.

Of course, I could also use a DB-9 plug which would use up the only
serial port on the laptop, :-(

Thanks,  Robbie