[aprssig] findU Messages

Phillip B. Pacier ad6nh at arrl.net
Sat Jul 21 10:39:54 EDT 2007

Along with Steve, I offer my apologies to everyone on the SIG.
Unfortunately, Steve is also trying to rewrite history and twist a
situation around with the sole purpose of I really don't know what at
this point!  But my original points remain.  Tier 2 has never dropped
support for any APRS connections.  Tier 2 and it's sysops remain
available to help any who are in need of assistance, regardless of what
server you are connected too.  Additionally, for years, I have offered
to have a personal conversation with Steve to figure out what the guy
has against me, but he refuses.  My point in the original post was not
to start a war or personal attacks, but to illustrate the falsities that
have been propagating throughout the public APRS-IS for months.

Steve Dimse wrote:

> On Jul 19, 2007, at 10:00 PM, Phillip B. Pacier wrote:
>>
>> Of course, Steve, you are ignoring my original point.  Your two
>> targeted messages on your findU pages are misleading and false!
>
> I disagree, I think they are neither, but you are entitled to your
> opinion. As you say, findU is not a monopoly. If it bothers you, use
> another web site.
Well, that certainly tells us a lot about your character then.  You are
unwilling to help APRS users if they are not playing by your rules.
That was one of the main reasons I made the original post a few days
ago.  I think that is rediculous.

>> T2 has never given up its support of CWOP or any other connections.
>
> Really? Did you think your message was not saved?
>
> On January 6, 2007 at 11:21:56 AM EST, you sent a message to two
> highly placed officials within NOAA which begins:
>
> ----------
> Hello, gentlemen.  I have been privy to all of the conversations of the
> past couple of months, but have remained largely silent while trying to
> figure out what's best to do.  We at Tier 2 have come up with what we
> think is the best possible plan for everyone.  We will be ending our
> involvement with the CWOP program.
I have already explained this, to you privately and also publicly on
this SIG.  Perhaps a bad choice of words on my part (I have been known
to do that in the past as well).  The intention of the message was to
state that the CWOP servers were being turned off at your request, and
we would no longer advertise those servers as the sole recommended
connection point for CWOP stations.  At no time did we ever drop our
support of the CWOP program or it's mission.  I need not explain this
again.  A private phone call with the said NOAA personnel a few days
after this message was sent cleared up the confusion and all has been
well with that.  You are unable to let it go, however.

Call me!  Or give me your number and I'll spend the dime!  Your
continued blasphemy is incredible and something that is probably easily
solved.

73
Phil - -AD6NH