[aprssig] Need help - APRSPoint to TCPIP

Keith VE7GDH ve7gdh at rac.ca
Sat Jul 14 20:03:35 EDT 2007

Vic (callsign) wrote...

> trying to make a TCPIP connection to any aprs2 server using APRSPoint...

Not being an APRSPoint user, I don't know what the 1 incrementing to 25
means, but I would guess that the program is trying 25 times to connect and
then moves on to try another server. Any chance you have a firewall problem?
Perhaps the server is receiving your connect request but the response isn't
making it past your firewall. If you are using the Windows firewall, there is
a setting to have it "display a notification when Windows firewall blocks a
program".

As Ron mentioned, a prefix filter of p/W will pass all "Whiskey" prefixes to
you. You wouldn't receive any reports from "Kilo" prefixes, but the flood of
W's might be more than you were expecting. As long as you have entered
a valid location, the "my range" filter will just sent data for stations
within the radius you specify.

Not knowing your callsign, I couldn't check and see if you had the problem
solved.

73 es cul - Keith VE7GDH