[aprssig] APRS and "Live Free or Die Hard"...

'Scott Miller' scott at opentrac.org
Fri Jul 6 00:47:40 EDT 2007

I seem to recall that the one set in the airport (that was a Die Hard,
wasn't it?) had ham HTs, too.  Maybe Kenwoods, I don't remember.

If you want a radio with lots of fancy buttons and lights, though, you're
probably better off with ham gear than commercial radios... the latter tend
toward the plain and rugged end of the spectrum.

Of course, movie radios are almost always full-duplex, too.  No need to let
go of the key to hear the other guy, and you can interrupt him at any time
if you need to inject some comment.

Don't get me started on the strangely cellphone-like radios in Lost, that
show signal bars to let you know when you can talk to the other guy, and
that give a feedback squeal when you try to transmit at the same time as a
completely unrelated transmitter on a different band...

Scott
N1VG