[aprssig] Is A Digi Needed??

Robert Bruninga bruninga at usna.edu
Fri Jan 26 15:43:20 EST 2007

Looks to me like your digi is needed for travelers along I-155,
sine there is no other digi within 34 miles.  Easy answer, is
whether a mobile driving in your sparse area along I-55 can be
heard without your digipeater.  If the answer is no, then your
station is needed, as at least a WIDE1-1 digi.

If same mobile along I-55 in your area does not reliably hear
most packets from the distant digis, then your digi is needed as
a full service digi.  Bob, Wb4APR

KC0RNP