[aprssig] Garmin IMG Fn ?

Bill Diaz william.diaz at comcast.net
Thu Jan 25 18:53:23 EST 2007

Clem,
  There is no way to determine from the filename what area an IMG file
covers as the filenames are more or less sequentially numbered.

  You can use Garmin MapSource to determine the geographic coverage area of
the Img file.  These are often polygons and a single IMG file is usually
restricted to a single state.  You also use Mapsource to upload and download
img files to your receiver.  If the file in question is loaded into the
receiver, have mapsource download the file to your computer and you can view
it's geographic coverage.

Bill KC9XG