[aprssig] Local Repeater Displays on Mobiles

Robert Bruninga bruninga at usna.edu
Tue Jan 23 20:52:04 EST 2007

> Hi Bob, I suspect many people (like me) were sending
> the repeater objects from their client station....
> So now I've moved my repeater object to the UIDIGI
> node beacon text but there is a problem.
>
> ;146.670- *111111z4612.74N/06320.46WrPHG8560 IRLP 2030
>
> Shows up as a fixed station with the senders CALL.

ARGH!!  You are right.  OK, here is the receommended new format
that will work.  We will send the objects in 3rd party format so
that the PHG will work correctly.

BT }146.670->APOBJ:4612.74N/06320.46WrPHG8560 IRLP2030 VE1CRA

These will all be sent to the APOBJ TOCALL and we can use that
as the universal indicator of a permanent object.

> A second problem I see with having the object name as
> the repeater frequency instead of its callsign is the
> duplication problem where popular repeater frequencies
> will overwrite each other.

Ah, but only on FINDU and other global collectors of data.  The
purpose of these local objects is locally only.  And there would
never be two repeaters on the same frequency in the same area.
The fix is for FINDU and other collectors of global data to
recognize that the TOCALL of APOBJ specifies a permanent object
that should not be overwirtten by anyone except the original
sender.

Thanks for the feedback.  Ill fix the other docs.  Besides, this
format is slightly shorteer anyway...

Bob, WB4APR