[aprssig] WHAT YOUR KENWOOD TM-D700A AND TH-D7 CAN DO MORE

Charles Doughtie n5exy at yahoo.com
Sun Jan 21 17:07:21 EST 2007

This is ridiculous. It should have stopped long ago.
I did not want to add to this clutter, but feel I
must state my opinion at this point. All caps is not
SHOUTING to all of us. Communications typewriters
had only one case that is now called caps. Teletype
had three rows of keys and a shift key for letters
or figures. There was no upper/lower distinction
in morse code, teletype, semaphore, railroad highball,
or other forms of messaging. There were some
abbreviations used to prevent confusion, one being
PAREN to indicate parentheses. I never saw CAPS used.

    PAREN one author, mr. e. e. cummings, wrote
    everything in only one paren lower paren
    case including his name PAREN

so what is the big deal?

de charlie, n5exy
south suburban greater hutto, texas