[aprssig] Objects Of Boats Along Waterways

Jan T. Pharo la2bba at jpharo.net
Sun Jan 21 10:19:39 EST 2007

"Ron Wenig" <ny3j at comcast.net>, Sun, 21 Jan 2007 09:20:57 -0500:

>It looks like it's coming in via the APRS servers on the internet.  I
>searched some of the websites listed in the object and it looks like they
>are commercial vessels that are docked.  They are objects so I'm not sure if
>you can track them or if they even move.

Hams in Göteborg and Bergen have succeeded in getting data from the
AIS system and transforming them into object, moving with the vessels,
and showing ship's name if it is 9 characters or less, and their call
sign if the name is longer. This might be something similar?

--
73 de Jan, LA2BBA
Hvaler, Norway