[aprssig] Top- and bottom-posting

Earl Needham needhame1 at plateautel.net
Sat Jan 20 12:33:27 EST 2007

At 09:04 AM 1/20/2007, VE7GDH wrote:
>Sometimes trolls need to be flamed, although I thought my message was more
>of a suggestion about trimming quoted text and not top-posting than a
>flaming.

         You just have to remember that some people take ANY
suggestion or criticism as a flame, regardless of how it was originally meant.

         I don't care for top-posting, either.  Most of the messages
on an email list are multiple-paragraph, and when somebody gives a
top-post reply, it can be REALLY confusing trying to figure out just
which paragraph the reply concerns.  In my opinion, trimming and
bottom posting is better, and another possibility is interspersing
multiple replies in the quoted text.

         Changing the subject line is another GREAT improvement!  <G>

         BTW, <G> indicates a grin, like a smiley, meaning let's all
laugh at this...

         7 3
         Earl

KD5XB