[aprssig] GPS from Sprint data card

Dave Baxter dave at emv.co.uk
Tue Jan 16 04:34:41 EST 2007

> It sure is nice having an internet connection just about anywhere, though!

Yes, it's good to have.

Count your lucky stars though, I believe you get that service for free in the US, here in the UK we have to pay dearly for that.

If I use it, I am charged £2 a meg at the moment (about $3)  If you think that's steep, it used to be £7 a meg!   But I do get a 3G connection if it's available, & you could do VoIP over that (384kbps) but it's cheaper to use the phone!...  There is no charge for the time connected, only the data transferred, the sum of data bytes sent and received.

WiFi hotspots (caffe's, service stations etc) are not that much cheaper for the occasional user sadly.

Cheers..

Dave G0WBX.

This mail has been scanned by Palmer Cook Computer Services Limited.  www.palmercook.co.uk