[aprssig] Help with setup to Work the RAFTPSK-31 transponder

Dave Sloan desloan at earthlink.net
Mon Jan 15 00:54:47 EST 2007

-----Original Message-----
From: aprssig-bounces at lists.tapr.org [mailto:aprssig-bounces at lists.tapr.org]
On Behalf Of Earl Needham
Sent: Sunday, January 14, 2007 6:54 PM
To: TAPR APRS Mailing List
Subject: RE: [aprssig] GPS from Sprint data card

         Thanks, Scott -- I guess I'm just going to have to wait
until the Deluo unit arrives.  The data card only updates something
like once every ten or fifteen minutes anyway, making it pretty
useless for APRS.  It sure is nice having an internet connection just
about anywhere, though!

         7 3
         Earl

At 10:48 AM 1/14/2007, Scott Miller wrote:
>Earl,
>
>That shows an invalid fix - the 0 after the E indicates that.  Could be it
>just hasn't locked on yet.
>
>Scott
>N1VG

Hello everyone,
   First question is I read where " Someone in the footprint must do a
packet CONNECT RAFT". Is this done on 10 meter? Is this done with AX-25 or
what? How can you tell if someone else has already sent the "Connect RAFT"?

   Next I plan on using my FT902 with a rascal interface going to my WINPSK
program for the 10 meter side. Can I use my FT 7800 for the FM side? Will I
need to be able to connect both the FT920 and the FT7800 to the rascal at
the same time? Or will I need a switch to choose either the FT920 or the
FT7800?

   I plan on constructing a 4 element quad for two meters. What polarization
do I need? Will this give me enough gain?

   Anyone that has either used this setup or a similar one that has any
suggestions or ideas that would make it easier or better?

TNX & 73,
Dave N0EOP