[aprssig] APRS Symbol Names

Steve Huston huston at srhuston.net
Thu Jan 11 23:50:44 EST 2007

On 1/11/07 8:31 PM, Keith - VE7GDH wrote:
> I'm not advocating chucking the whole spec out, but now that we have
> used it for a while, perhaps a clearer picture of what we want to add
> or change will become more apparent.

I'm sorry, I have to say it...

But won't someone think of the children!  er, I mean, Kenwoods!

In fairness though, a hierarchical system like that makes perfect sense
- similar to how SNMP and LDAP OIDs are setup.  The end result is that
you don't have to know exactly what all the numbers mean, if you've got
an idea of what they mean up to a certain point; from there you can
either guess or just present it as-is.

--
Steve Huston - W2SRH - Unix Sysadmin, Dept. of Astrophysical Sciences
  Princeton University  |    ICBM Address: 40.346525   -74.651285