[aprssig] APRS data for Scout Events

Andrew Rich vk4tec at tech-software.net
Thu Jan 11 15:36:10 EST 2007

Speaking of scoring.

I was playing around a while back for a car rally we did.

A guy here wrote a nice application using the connected state TNC.

I came up with the idea of using the connectionless mode TNC.

What I did was format a string with a unique pattern, which a head station
listens for and then puts scores into a MySQL table. (LINUX and a TNC and
PERL)

The beauty of the system is the field just squaks the scores, and the HQ has
an auto refresh web page showing the scores etc. (APACHE and PHP)

All the HQ has to do is query the database or chase up other issues.

I still want to progress it to the point where the field can query the
database. (ie, can you please tell me what I sent you...)

Duplicates are fine by the way - the database takes the last heard as the
most recent, and duplicates get ignored.

Cheers

Andrew Rich
Amateur radio callsign VK4TEC
email: vk4tec at tech-software.net <mailto:vk4tec at tech-software.net>