[aprssig] Xastir or WinAPRS questions

Curt, WE7U archer at eskimo.com
Fri Jan 5 09:35:47 EST 2007

On Fri, 5 Jan 2007, M J wrote:

> While working on a college project, I ran across APRS and have
> been watching the list for a while.  I was wondering about a
> couple of particular features and wondered if someone would be
> nice enough to help me to know if either Xastir or WinAPRS has
> them?

Easy answer:  Try them!  Most APRS programs will let you try them
before you buy, some are free to begin with.

I saw a fairly complete answer w.r.t. Xastir, so I won't duplicate
any of that here.  It's what I use as well.

See the below link and click on "APRS Client Capabilities Chart"
link on the left for a very complete list of features across the
clients.  Go to the bottom and you'll find links to the homepage for
each client to download.

    <http://www.eskimo.com/~archer>

> PS: Since I'm receive only, I'm wondering if maybe someone has
> developed a web-page that I could hit to provide the same
> information without having to load software on my computer?

Yes.

    <http://www.findu.com>
    <http://www.aprsworld.net>