[aprssig] Help with Interfacing a GPS to Kantronics KPC-3

Richard Amirault ramirault at verizon.net
Wed Jan 3 17:08:25 EST 2007

----- Original Message -----
From: "Earl Needham" <
Subject: Re: [aprssig] Help with Interfacing a GPS to Kantronics KPC-3

>         I would suggest you connect the TNC to a computer and see if you
> can read the strings from it.  If not, then you know the data isn't
> getting to the TNC and there is something else going on.  If the TNC
> doesn't have the strings in it, try putting a null modem between the GPS
> and TNC and see if that fixes it.
(snip)

John I would suggest you do what Earl suggested. As far as I can tell you
still haven't done this. Connect to the TNC and see if the data WAS RECEIVED
by the TNC.  You can send data to it all you want but it it's not receiving
it ain't gonna work.;-)

Richard Amirault                                N1JDU                Boston,
MA, USA
n1jdu.org                                   "Go Fly A Kite"