[aprssig] Help with Interfacing a GPS to Kantronics KPC-3

Earl Needham needhame1 at plateautel.net
Wed Jan 3 16:02:38 EST 2007

At 01:38 PM 1/3/2007, EXT-Maetta, John wrote:
>I can connect my GPS to my laptop serial port and receive NEMA183
>data.  I can view the $GPGGA and $GPRMC strings, along with several
>other $GPxxx strings.
>These strings are updated every second, therefore I know my GPS is
>transmitting data.

         I would suggest you connect the TNC to a computer and see if
you can read the strings from it.  If not, then you know the data
isn't getting to the TNC and there is something else going on.  If
the TNC doesn't have the strings in it, try putting a null modem
between the GPS and TNC and see if that fixes it.

         7 3
         Earl

KD5XB
Clovis, New Mexico DM84jk