[aprssig] Help with Interfacing a GPSto Kantronics KPC-3

EXT-Maetta, John john.maetta at boeing.com
Wed Jan 3 17:02:38 EST 2007

Hi Bob,

I have put together the TAPR PIC-E 'dumb tracker'. The PIC-E does not
transmit the GPS data correctly, even though the PIC-E Diags run
correctly.  It does appear to parse or recognize the $GPRMC string, but
sends erroneous GPS characters to the radio(off air testing). MYCALL and
the other PIC-E programmed text transmits correctly, it is just the
parsed GPS strings that are corrupt. After much trial and error, I have
re-discovered that my long lost KPC-3 TNC may support what I need to
complete my project.

Although, it seems I will have to go through more trials with this
hardware before getting the results I need.

73,

John N6VMO