[aprssig] barcodes, etc.

Ray McKnight shortsheep at worldnet.att.net
Wed Feb 28 20:35:50 EST 2007

One of the major shoe companies (I want to say Nike) is marketing
A high end shoe with RFID built in.  Well, actually, I think it's
An optional insert you put in the insole of the shoe.
It has already been demonstrated
By a group of college students that it can be tracked to I believe
About 1/2 mile and the "secure" personal ID is easily hacked, as are
Most RFID cards.  They used commonly available computers and fairly
Simple equipment/software.  Keep this in mind as Congress proposes
The National ID Card using RFID technology, that almost anyone with
Fairly little investment and skill can secretly track you and access
The personal data in that card.  They are also proposing to RFID
All paper money.  Big Brother is here to stay.