[aprssig] Re: GPS/PC/D7A

Alex Carver agcme2002 at yahoo.com
Thu Feb 22 09:15:29 EST 2007

Hi Jason,

Just split the serial cable between the computer and
the D7.  I do this very thing with my setup.  I have
Street Atlas 2007 on my iPAQ and built a Y-cable to go
between the single GPS receiver and the D7/D700 plus
handheld.  Street Atlas doesn't need to communicate
back to the GPS receiver so just leave that signal
line disconnected between them.  Two signals (transmit
and receive) between the radio and the GPS receiver
and one signal from the GPS receiver to the computer.