[aprssig] HamHUD RevE Kit Accesories

Keith VE7GDH ve7gdh at rac.ca
Wed Feb 21 20:01:10 EST 2007

Ben VK5JFK wrote...

> What is a HamHUD

See www.hamhud.net. It's a "heads up display" for mobile APRS. The HamHUD
displays received APRS reports etc. from those around you on an LCD screen.
It uses SmartBeaconing (actually developed for the HamHUD and fortunately
adopted by others) for transmitted reports. It also allows you to send and
receive APRS messages. The "breakout box" allows you to connect everything
to the HamHUD with one cable instead of three. The connections to TNC, GPS
and power then all go from the newly announced breakout box.

73 es cul - Keith VE7GDH