[aprssig] APRS SPAM messages (auto replY)

Robert Bruninga bruninga at usna.edu
Tue Feb 20 11:53:29 EST 2007

> > Also AUTO-REPLY message settings should time out.
>
> What sort of timeframe are you suggesting?  A day?  An hour?

Good question. If I were to make a menu item, I would make these
options?
30m
1 hr
2 hrs
4 hrs
8 hrs
24 hrs

And anything above 2 hours generates a warning...  "are you sure
this QRM has value?" and a paragraph about why Auto Reply
messages are a dumb idea in many instances...

Mayebe I'm dreaming of a perfect world, where everyone actually
thinks about the consequences of their settings... On a 1200
baud shared channel...  Sigh..

Bob, WB4APR