[aprssig] UI-View over LAN...

Keith VE7GDH ve7gdh at rac.ca
Tue Feb 20 00:08:36 EST 2007

Robbie WA8INF wrote...

> ...go to Setup/APRS Server Setup, and add a server to the list
> that is your basement computer, such as 192.168.1.100
> plus a ":" without the quotes, the add 1448
>
> It will look like this 192.168.1.100:1448

That will work as long as the computer is always 192.168.1.100... e.g. it is
assigned a static IP instead of letting a DHCP server assign an IP. You can
get around that by using "computername:1448" instead using of course the
actual name that you assigned to the computer that has local server enabled.

Right-click on MY COMPUTER, click on PROPERTIES and on the "Computer Name"
tab to remind yourself the name of the computer... or to change it.

73 es cul - Keith VE7GDH