[aprssig] UI-View over LAN...

A.J. Farmer (AJ3U) farmer.aj at gmail.com
Mon Feb 19 22:24:05 EST 2007

On 2/19/07, Eric Weber <webmanou812 at yahoo.com> wrote:
> It says in the APRS Server Setup page to set the "ham"
> (aka host) computer to "Enable local server"…

Hi Eric,

You seem to have directions for connecting to an APRS server.  That is
not what you are trying to accomplish, however.  If I'm understanding
you correctly, you have your TNC connected to your computer in your
basement, and you want to run UI-View on another computer on the LAN.
Here's how to do that:

On the basement (TNC) computer:
1. Right click on the AGWPE icon in the system tray
2. Choose "setup interfaces".
3. On the first tab, make sure "Enable Winsock TCP/IP Application
Interface" is checked.
4. On the winsock interface security tab, choose "Accept without login
from anywhere (no security).  (Note, after you get things working, you
can go back and change this setting if you are concerned about this).
5. Click "OK" and restart AGWPE

On the UI-View computer:
1. Click on "Setup" and choose "Comms Setup"
2. Host mode should be set to AGWPE
3. Click on the Setup button
4. In the host machine box, change 127.0.0.1 to the IP address of the
AGWPE (Basement) computer
5. Click OK and OK again to save changes

That's it!   You are now accessing the TNC on the basement computer
via TCP/IP over your LAN.

--
A.J. Farmer, AJ3U
http://www.aj3u.com