[aprssig] Consulting

John Habbinga kc5zrq at gmail.com
Sat Feb 17 10:03:52 EST 2007

Steve, I don't know where you'd find a "Pro" to consult about APRS.  Are
they wanting to use APRS so that they can increase their interoperability
with ham radio operators, or are they wanting to use the AVL features of
APRS to track their own assets for improved  law enforcement activities?

If that is the case, then most APRS client software and software like
javAPRSSrvr, is either not available for commercial use or requires a
licensing fee.

A small police department in my area has started using APRS, but each
officer is becoming a ham radio operator and its primary use is to include
ham radio in their emergency operations plan.