[aprssig] Solar Power Temporary Digi

Doug Ferrell kd4moj at kd4moj.org
Wed Feb 14 11:06:35 EST 2007

Greetings:

  This is probably redundant and asked 1000 times but I've had a harddrive
crash and my aprssig folder is trash.....

   We have a bicycle event in April and need to set up several temporary
digi's on some 30ft mast along the route. What I would like to do is
probably have some with solar capability (deep cycle battery etc).. so any
input on the least expensive way to do this would be appreciated.

   The event and prep would probably cover about 60 hours so maybe a
deep cycle battery at half power on the radio might work...??

--
...DOUG
KD4MOJ