[aprssig] Voice Aert redux

Robert Bruninga bruninga at usna.edu
Mon Feb 12 20:03:22 EST 2007

> >> The what if base stations had PL on RX only but not on TX?
> >> That way, you could know about other mobiles but not be
> >> annoying the neighbors on a regular basis.
> >
> > Yes, perfect for home stations.  But I know of no ham radios
> > that can set TX PL independent of CTCSS for receive.  There
may
> > be some, but I have never owned one...
> > Bob,Wb4APR
>
> BUT, if I read the question correctly, he was asking for a
> radio to set receive ONLY without setting transmit. And I'm
> sure there are plenty of radios that will do that.

If there, are, it would be nice to develop a list.  I have never
seen any...  When you set CTCSS, it automatically sets PL on TX
on all of  mine...   Hence the problem.  But if there are some
that allow CTCSS on receive without PL on TX, then we should
have a list, because they would make great base-station Voice
Alert radios

Bob