[aprssig] Voice Aert redux

Richard Amirault ramirault at verizon.net
Mon Feb 12 17:21:06 EST 2007

----- Original Message -----
From: "Robert Bruninga"

> Voice Alert:
>
>> The what if base stations had PL on RX only but not on TX?
>> That way, you could know about other mobiles but not be
>> annoying the neighbors on a regular basis.
>
> Yes, perfect for home stations.  But I know of no ham radios
> that can set TX PL independent of CTCSS for receive.  There may
> be some, but I have never owned one...
> Bob,Wb4APR

Bob, I sorta remember seeing a ham radio that could do that (I think you
meant set tones differently for TX and RX) .. but it was so long ago that
I'm not sure ;-)

BUT, if I read the question correctly, he was asking for a radio to set
receive ONLY without setting transmit. And I'm sure there are plenty of
radios that will do that.

Richard Amirault,  Boston, MA, USA
n1jdu.org
n1jdu.org/Fandom/science.htm