[aprssig] Voice Alert redux

Earl Needham needhame1 at plateautel.net
Sun Feb 11 11:58:11 EST 2007

At 07:44 AM 2/11/2007, Robert Bruninga wrote:
>CAVEAT:  As long as some fool in the area is not running it 24/7
>from a  basestation which causes everyone in that area to turn
>their volume down so that they don't have to hear his 24/7
>false-alarms...  In that case, its back to normal mobile ham
>radio... Ships passing in the night with no comms...

         A few years ago, I was in the DFW area and several of the
digis over there were causing me to hear their packets.  Of course, I
assumed they were running 100 Hz PL -- who wouldn't?  And what else
would cause you to hear their packets?  I'm still wondering about
that one, but when I posted something on the list about it, I got a
royal flaming from somebody who lives in that area.  I guess that's
to be expected when you ruffle their feathers...

         Earl

KD5XB
Clovis, New Mexico DM84jk
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/cw_bugs