[aprssig] Weather station path?

Robert Bruninga bruninga at usna.edu
Sun Feb 11 11:18:17 EST 2007

> I have a newly assembled K0RX weather station...
> But, I need to know what path to program in....

Always try VIA WIDE2-1 first.

On a good antenna, that should hit all surrounding digiepaters
and have a very good chance of hitting an Igate.  Monitor it for
a few hours and see if it covers the area you want.

If no success, then you may try WIDE2-2, but no greater.

If it takes more hops to get to an Igate, then eitehr put up
your own Igate (wince apparently your area woiuld need it) or
put in a path of WIDE2-1,DIGI1,DIGI2 which is a direct path to
the DIGI2 that has an Igate near it.

But in FIXED locations like this, and a FIXED objective, then
you should use a FIXED path, not generic.

Bob, WB4APR.