[aprssig] D700-external PIC processing

Robert Bruninga bruninga at usna.edu
Sun Feb 11 09:31:37 EST 2007

Wow, neat info!

DIGI,5230--------
> LIST 01,N4JDB-1,34263900087228301,/_,,6, ,West Lawrence Co.,
A,295000027000

Looks like CALL,LAT,LONG,SYMBOL,CSE,SPEED, then STATUS TEXT?

My guess is that CSE is stored as 1-to-8 for the cardinatl
points of the compass.  The above examples have no speed?  Not
sure about that.

But if this is true, then SOMONE should write a PIC processor to
parse out of theese packets, any FREQUNCY info an either display
it or something.  I wonder if you SELECT one of these stations
on the LIST and hit OK, will it output the above data for that
station?

If so, then a PIC couild then parse out the frequency info and
put it back into side B and there you have one-button TUNE
capability to someone that is transmitting his frequency.!  The
format for FREQUENCY has been established as the first 10 bytes
of the STATUS text field if available.

Bob
WB4APR