[aprssig] ALogger 3.0.0 released, KISS and remote client support

Andy AB9FX ab9fx at aprs.pl
Sat Feb 10 16:26:28 EST 2007

Bill,
I'm all the time busy and busy, next week on travel, again (now CA). Just
some thoughts about APRS and Vista. Maybe you are familiar with them all,
maybe not. I upgraded my OS to Windows Vista Ultimate. There was problem
with Precision Mapping 8, installed not running, some files missing. In
contact with Under Tow Software support, probably in few weeks should be
upgrade for Vista comps. So, I use PMap7 installed and run smoothly under
Vista. No problem at all with PMapServer707
Another APRS issue, UI-View is running under Vista, problem is with new help
files format http://support.microsoft.com/kb/917607
I've installed ALogger 3.0.0 and there is no problem at all. Even help files
are showing up. Great! The KISS option is very practical. Is possible to add
another option in ALogger for AGWPE connection. In such case you can use one
piece of TNC/radio/antenna for many programs. Also you can connect to remote
site.
If you want to try connect to my APRS station in Poland, use AGWPE
connection to sr3wxa.no-ip.org port 8000
Then you can log local true RF traffic.
73!
Andy