[aprssig] Need GPS for D700

Jan T. Pharo la2bba at jpharo.net
Thu Feb 8 01:26:01 EST 2007

"Chris Bouck" <cbouck01 at twcny.rr.com>, Wed, 7 Feb 2007 18:57:12 -0500:

>   I just purchased a D700 and love it. Now I want to connect a GPS
>unit to show my position. I called the local candy store about a
>Garmin eTrex. I thought it might be a good start. The guy said it
>won?t work with the D700? I know a couple of other guys that are
>using them. However, maybe they are older units? I?m not sure

Adding to what the others have said: I have been using an eTrex Vista
with the TH-D7 for quite a few years, now with a TM-D700. No trouble.
With NMEA out AND in (as in my eTrex), you'll also see stations
received by your TM-D700 as waypoints on the GPS display.
I have previously been using GPSMAP76 and the older unit GPS45xl
occasionally in my car, all showing other fixed and moving APRS
stations as waypoints on the map (or the map-like screen on the 45).

--
73 de Jan, LA2BBA
Hvaler, Norway