[aprssig] Need GPS for D700

Wes Johnston, AI4PX wes at kd4rdb.com
Wed Feb 7 20:14:16 EST 2007

I'm using a gpsmap276c and despite a few firmware upgrade glitches, it works
great.  Garmin has come thru for me each time I've found a boo boo in the
unit.  It's hard to find a street mapping / auto routing unit that still has
a serial port... this one does.  Super fast screen redraws each time the
d700 sends serial data.

Wes

On 2/7/07, Chris Bouck <cbouck01 at twcny.rr.com> wrote:

>  *   Ok folks – I hope I don't get flamed for this. The question has
> probably been asked many times before. *
>
> *   I just purchased a D700 and love it. Now I want to connect a GPS unit
> to show my position. I called the local candy store about a Garmin eTrex. I
> thought it might be a good start. The guy said it won't work with the D700?
> I know a couple of other guys that are using them. However, maybe they are
> older units? I'm not sure?*
>
> *   Does anyone have any ideas? Any suggestions would be appreciated. If
> you do not want to tie up the reflector - please e-mail me directly:
> cbouck01 at twcny.rr.com*
>
> *Thanks & 73*
>
> Christopher L. Bouck, KB4CMF
> Past President, Ft Herkimer Amateur Radio Association, Inc.
> Treasurer FHARA
> Assistant Emergency Coordinator for Operations (ARES)
> Official Emergency Station
>
> PO2 US Navy  / SFC US Army (Ret)
> Director, Herkimer County Veterans' Service Agency
> Accredited Representative for the American Legion, Vietnam Veterans of
> America, and the VFW
>             _\|/_
>             (o o)

In theory there is no difference between practice and theory.