[aprssig] USB Software Update

Ben Jackson ben at ben.com
Tue Feb 6 21:18:17 EST 2007

On Tue, Feb 06, 2007 at 06:46:12PM -0500, Drew Baxter wrote:
> The PL2303 based adapters work very well.  I have yet to have a
> problem with one and the Mac as well as Windows supports them.
>
> http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=123071&CatId=464

For $20 more you can get that same chip AND a GPS:

http://www.geeks.com/details.asp?invtid=UT-41&cat=GPS

(also I have found geeks.com to have far superior customer service
compared to tigerdirect)

I have 3 of these and I have had one on my desktop PC in a window for
several months.

I also disassembled one and found the TTL serial level data (but not
the 1PPM pulse it should have somewhere).  It does not work over 60k'
according to the specs.  See the list archives for more detailed info
from a few months back.

--
Ben Jackson AD7GD
<ben at ben.com>