[aprssig] HF Gateway Stations

Robert Bruninga bruninga at usna.edu
Tue Feb 6 18:57:33 EST 2007

> > It shows about 123 HF gates right now.  But this is
> > based on the use of the HF-GATE symbol, not on whether
> > these gates are actually on HF.
>
> I went through each station that was located in the United
> States.  It appears that most of them are VHF I-Gates.
> I was only able to verify that 4 are receiving HF.

Ah, that is why I wanted EVERYONE to properly use the GATE
symbol with OVERLAYS.  That way all Igates would show with "I"'s
on them and all HF gates would show with "H" on them.  That was
the plan back in 1996 when we came out with the OVERLAY symbols.
But I just checked FINDU and not a single station anywhere in
the world is properly using the GATE symbol with "H" overlay...

Oh well.  Maybe some client software has the symbols misslabled?

Bob, WB4APR