[aprssig] Re: Windows US Daylight Time Change Screwup Looming

Mark Fellhauer sparkfel at qwest.net
Mon Feb 5 01:59:30 EST 2007

At 04:40 PM 2/3/2007, Stephen H. Smith wrote:

>Ever since Windows 95,  Microsoft Windows has been able to automatically
>adjust the computer system clock for daylight time each spring and fall.
>
>Effective this year, U.S. Daylight Time will start 3 weeks earlier (1st
>week of March instead of beginning of April), . As a result, the automatic
>time change feature in Windows won't happen until 3 weeks after the
>fact.  As a result, files will be time-stamped with an error of one hour
>for three weeks or more.

Let us not forget about all the embedded devices that automatically adjust
for DST.  I predict that when this change happens elevators will plunge
passengers to their deaths, airplanes will fall from the sky, supertankers
will run aground and explode, phone, TV, and banking networks will
collapse, and people will riot.  On the morning of Sunday, March 11, 2007
The worlds largest cities will be in flames and humanity as we know it will
end.

At least that's what the "experts" told us about the Y2K bug.   I wonder if
those are the same experts who are now warning us about global warming?

Worse yet, the time on your KPC-3 will be wrong.