[aprssig] Windows US Daylight Time Change Screwup Looming

Danny Messano danny at messano.net
Sat Feb 3 22:19:51 EST 2007

Figured I would CC the sig on my reply....

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/914387
<blocked::http://support.microsoft.com/kb/914387>

http://www.intelliadmin.com/blog/2007/01/unofficial-windows-2000-daylight.ht
ml
<blocked::http://www.intelliadmin.com/blog/2007/01/unofficial-windows-2000-d
aylight.html>

I wouldnt worry about the "unofficial" update.. it's just a registry change,
and I know a lot users using this app.

I'm sure they're will be a dozen more out there between now and March 11th.

Also, if you're worried about Windows NT.. there won't be any patch for it,
but the registry changes are the same as well.

Lastly, if you Google for TZEDIT.EXE, you can get an OS specific version for
Windows 95, 98, or Me (as well as NT, 2K, or XP) that will allow you to
update those systems as well.  I am not sure if the registry keys are the
same as NT, 2k, and XP, but the utility will do the work for you.  Hang onto
the TZEDIT for each OS, and if you're still supporting these older systems
at home or elsewhere, you can update the DST settings if they change in the
future, without waiting for a "patch"

Danny Messano

  _____