[aprssig] Nmea output

Amir Findling sarlabs at twcny.rr.com
Sat Feb 3 08:54:10 EST 2007

The Garmin ones that will interface must have a serial connection as the
D700 cannot work with a USB connection. My Garmin 60CS and 60CSx do work
nicely and display the APRS stations heard as waypoints (which I have to
delete every so often as they fill in the waypoint memory). Check on the
Garmin site for specifications on individual units. I know the Nuvi line
will not work as it only has USB output. You also need to make sure the
units are NMEA capable.

The AvMAPG4T is advertized as the ultimate APES combination with the
D700. Pricey though, but the display is nice.

73' de Amir K9CHP Member ARRL, AMSAT #36083
Cayuga County Highland SAR www.highlandsar.org <http://www.highlandsar.org/>
1st Special Response Group www.1srg.org <http://www.1srg.org>
Apprentice Tracker Joel Hardin Professional Tracking Services
http://www.jhardin-inc.com