[aprssig] 6 meter APRS or meteorscater formats?

Scott Miller scott at opentrac.org
Mon Dec 31 16:36:31 EST 2007

What about ACKs from the gateway?  They'll have to go to the fake
message-to address, in this case 'wb4apr te'.  What are the side effects
going to be of messages to and from these bogus addresses, which might
contain spaces or other characters not normally expected there?  Is it
going to fill up clients' message lists with weird messages?  Are IGates
going to have a problem when they start trying to gate a courtesy
position along with the message?

I'm all for shorter messages, but I think it's pushing the spec a little
too far, and in an area where there's a lot of ill-defined behavior on
the part of clients.

Scott
N1VG