[aprssig] HF options - Further Thoughts

Dave Baxter dave at emv.co.uk
Fri Dec 21 04:09:39 EST 2007

How about using PSK31 (or a variation) for this?

There are "PSK engine" DLL's available that'll do all the coding and
decoding DSP stuff for you, so long as you run them on a PC type system
(cheap enough, aren't there trackers that'll create PSK signals too?)

I can work all over Europe (and beyond!) day and night on 80/160m PSK
with less than 25W PEP out, and a definitely less than efficient antenna
system (electricaly short wire and ATU) from an "Urban" environment
also.

Dunno about any licencing for non ham use though.

Just an idea.

Dave G0WBX.

This mail has been scanned by Palmer Cook Computer Services Limited.  www.palmercook.co.uk