[aprssig] Trouble Connecting & Configuring KPC 3+ to an Intel Duo iMac

Jim Tittsler 7J1AJH at OnJapan.net
Sun Dec 16 05:28:32 EST 2007

On Dec 16, 2007, at 16:54, George Ring wrote:

> Tech Support (Ken) at Kantronics told me that when I power up the
> TNC that I should see a stream of data appearing on the Terminal
> window.  My terminal window appears blank, though (only the
> prompt).  I run Mac APRS Carbon Release, but it also doesn't appear
> to be sending any signals to the TNC.

Note that Kantronics meant a "serial terminal emulator."  One example
for OS X is ZTerm.
   http://homepage.mac.com/dalverson/zterm/

Or you can use 'screen' to get a serial connection in the OS X
"terminal" application.
   http://www.tigoe.net/pcomp/resources/archives/avr/000749.shtml
But a full featured emulator like ZTerm is a better choice.

--
Jim Tittsler  ZL2IA/AI8A    Gisborne                GPG: 0x01159DB6
http://www.qsl.net/7j1ajh/                       QRP/Satellites/APRS