[aprssig] Trouble Connecting & Configuring KPC 3+ to an Intel DuoiMac

Keith VE7GDH ve7gdh at rac.ca
Sat Dec 15 23:16:27 EST 2007

George KC2RAC wrote...

> I recently bought a new iMac... Leopard (10.5). I am having
> difficulty connecting my KPC 3+ TNC to the iMac. I bought
> a Keyspan serial-USB adapter and downloaded the latest driver...

Does the iMac create a virtual com port "a la Windows" for the USB to
serial adapter? If so, have you confirmed what com port it is and that
you are using the same com port in your terminal program? After that, it
should just be a matter of matching the parity, number of data bits,
"baud" rate and the number of stop bits. You should be able to check on
your Windows machine to see what the TNC was set for.

73 es cul - Keith VE7GDH