[aprssig] Need Help With D700 UIDIGI settings

Richard N. Piper IV richard.piper at media4god.org
Thu Dec 13 17:28:31 EST 2007

Moible stations depending on there location in SIL can get into a
DIGI. There is a DIGI in Johnston City that is about 6 or so miles
away from my DIGI. However that owner of that DIGI has told me that he
has had lots of lightning issues.

The KC0RNP-1 DIGI is located in Herrin IL and is using a J-Pole, D700
with 50w, and the J-Pole is only about 20 feet off the ground.

N9AZZ runs some "powerfull" DIGI's and when I did have the D700 in the
car I was able to get a "My Pos" back most of the time.

I will admit that other the WB0VTM-7 being about 6 or miles away from
my home QTH. That the nest closest DIGI would be some 16 miles away
from my home QTH. The next one after that is about 24 or more miles
away. After that all Digi's are about 34 one up to 100+ miles away
from my home QTH.

One of the problems that I face is that I run a TH-D7 (HT) and want it
to get to an IGATE.

I wa still running that 16 bit version because it worked for me on
Vista. I had to go in and tell 32 to run as administrator for it 2
work with my D700.

Anyhow that's about it for now.

KC0RNP
Richard N. Piper IV