[aprssig] Need Help With D700 UIDIGI settings

Keith VE7GDH ve7gdh at rac.ca
Thu Dec 13 16:55:59 EST 2007

Richard KC0RNP wrote...

> I am not in Florda. I am in Herrin IL. Not sure why it would show me
> in Florida. For some reason UI-VIEW 32 would not open my D700 in Kiss
> mode, but the 16 bit version would. Anyhow I now have the D700 and
> UI-View in kiss mode!

I didn't say you were in Florida. I said that it looks like Joel KI4T is
in Florida. Would you care to comment on Joel's comments? Is a WIDE1-1
digi needed in your area? Now you have UI-View running, you should have
a better idea of what is around you. What is the topography like? Are
any of the WIDEn-N digis around you on hilltops? What is the terrain
like? If a WIDE1-1 digi is not needed, I would agree with Joel's
comments. If mobile stations have trouble hitting the WIDEn-N digis from
there, perhaps a WIDE1-1 digi would be a good addition. While it's
possible for someone else to do an analysis, you are right there. You
can look out the window and see the topography. You know where
the digis and the IGates are.

Anyone still running the 16 bit version of UI-View? I don't know if
that's a red herring with a D700 or not.

73 es cul - Keith VE7GDH