[aprssig] Need Help With D700 UIDIGI settings

Keith VE7GDH ve7gdh at rac.ca
Thu Dec 13 16:14:16 EST 2007

Joel KI4T wrote...

> I believe the only reason you would want to leave DIGI ON is if you
> were in a really remote location and you wanted to be a digi for other
> packet stations in the vacinity. Otherwise you're just adding to the
> clutter if there are already good  (high) digis in the area.

KISS mode is the preferable mode for the TNC. If UI-View is going to be
running as a digi, it must be in KISS mode unless the user is using BPQ
mode (I see there was an updated release the other day) or be using
AGWPE.

>From what Richard was saying earlier, it sounds like his area could use
a WIDE1-1 fill-in digi. Perhaps you could do an analysis of his area and
the surrounding digis and the topography and come up with your own
recommendation whether a fill-in digi was needed there or not. It looks
like you are down in Florida. I take it there aren't too many high
WIDEn-N digis down there - hi!

73 es cul - Keith VE7GDH