[aprssig] Need Help With D700 UIDIGI settings

Keith VE7GDH ve7gdh at rac.ca
Thu Dec 13 16:07:08 EST 2007

Richard KC0RNP wrote...

> The problem that I am having is that I can't get my D700 to go in to
> Kiss mode. I am not sure what I am doing wrong. I am using UI-VIEW but
> could try WinAPRS or something else that would work with my  D700

I don't have a D700, but the following should get you going. If you open
up the terminal window first, you can watch and see what is going on
when you set up the connection to the D700. Click on SETUP - COMMS SETUP
and set it to 4800 N81 and the correct com port... probably (but not
necessarily) com 1. Select HOST MODE KISS and click on SETUP. Click on
D700 and click on OK & OK your way out from there.

I'm not sure if the D700 command file will try and put it on 144.800. If
it does, just edit the file and change it to 144.390. I just tried
telling UI-View to use a D700 (which again, I don't have) in KISS mode
and didn't see any evidence of it trying to put it on 144.800 so you
might be OK there.

Be warned... the D700 TNC has a small buffer. You may find it is usable
or you may find that it locks up on you all of the time. You could try
going to FILE -SCHEDULE EDITOR and having it restart UI-View
periodically (every hour? every 24 hours?) to see if that helps that
situation or not. Some people have said that they can run UI-View with a
D700 in KISS mode with no problems. Perhaps there is no RF traffic
around them (with long packets?) to cause this problem to show up in
their location.

Have you considered joining the UI-View list? While there must be lots
of UI-View users on this list, the UI-View list is specific for UI-View
issues. This one is for general APRS issues.

73 es cul - Keith VE7GDH