[aprssig] Need Help With D700 UIDIGI settings

Robert Bruninga bruninga at usna.edu
Thu Dec 13 13:03:19 EST 2007

> I live in Herrin IL which is in Southern IL.
> I am using my D700 as a DIGI... Using
> UIDIGI with WIDE1-1,WIDE2-1,WIDE2-2

This is not good.  The final WIDE2-2 is causing your digi to
TRAP all WIDE2-2 users in range of yoru digi.  They will not get
out beyond you.

> I am thinking that I only need to [be] a WIDE1-1.

Then the only thing you should do is have WIDE1-1 in there.

If you are going to be a full support WIDEn-N that is the only
time you do it the other way.  Then you use the UIDIGI alias
list as a way to TRAP high values of N.  But fif you are a
WIDE1-1 digi only, then there is nothing to trap.

Bob, WB4APR